Our goal is to prevent fistula from happening by having a maternity waiting home, House of Hope and Dignity, in rural Liberia. From the report that Anne-Marie provided, we are getting closer to that goal! She provided the following update on the progress:
- The walls are smooth
- The door frames are roughed in
- They are plastering around the windows.
- The electrical conduit is in place and breaker boxes are mounted
- Plumbing is in place, with water supply lines and drains
- The laundry room has a floor sink with drain in place as well as a room drain for any washer overflows.
She shared some fabulous pictures, giving me my first look inside. I thought you might want to take a look as well. Enjoy!