However, as I looked back at 2023 and thought about how much Dignity:Liberia has accomplished over the years, it occurred to me that you, our supporters, should know you receive top billing.
In 2023 we came pretty close to completing our Maternity Waiting Home, House of Hope and Dignity. We just have a few more details to address before it’s operational! The home’s construction was Phase I of a three phase project. Phase II will be the construction of a dedicated fistula clinic. But we have done so much more over the years. We have:
- Held 2 immunization clinics in Charles Luke Town,
- Provided funds to Charles Luke Town during the Ebola crisis,
- Started a scholarship and provided supplies to the Phebe School of Nursing,
- Participated in “End Fistula” campaigns sponsored by the UNFPA,
- Donated medical supplies to numerous hospitals and clinics throughout Liberia,
- Participated in fistula repair surgeries,
- Distributed reading glasses to residents of Charles Luke Town,
- Distributed menstrual cups in collaboration with the Peace Corps,
- Held workshops on sewing reusable menstrual pads in partnership with Liberia’s Ministry of Health**,
- Constructed a Palava Hut at the Phebe Rehab Center,
- Provided dresses to fistula survivors,
- Provided teaching materials and craft supplies to the Phebe Rehab Center,
- Collected supplies for House of Hope and Dignity,
- Dug a well in Cooper’s Town,
- Donated supplies to Varney Goyah Town,
- Built a Maternity Waiting Home!
We couldn’t have done all of these things without the help of our supporters. In fact, we would have accomplished very little. You have been faithful in providing financial and in-kind gifts. We have done A LOT together!
So, if I were asked to rate you on a scale of 1-10, I would give you 100. Thank you!
** We will be holding additional workshops in February in collaboration with the Rotary Club of Monrovia.